Lishman warmly congratulates the Western Australian recipients of innovative and translatable research projects.
Most recent NHMRC grants awarded for a variety of topics. Including childhood respiratory, genetics of rare diseases, mesothelioma, safer anaesthesia for children and mental health of gender diverse young people.
- Prof Stephen Stick, UWA: Priority driven childhood respiratory research
- Dr Gianina Ravenscroft, UWA: The missing genetics of rare diseases
- Prof Anna Nowak, UWA: Leading the way in mesothelioma – a program of immunotherapy translational research nested within novel clinical trials
- Prof Britta Regli-von Ungern-Sternberg, UWA: Safer anaesthesia for children – optimizing perioperative outcomes by advancing and translating knowledge into clinical practice using an international, interdisciplinary approach
- A/Prof Ashleigh Lin, UWA: Improving the mental health of trans and gender diverse young people
- A/Prof Julia Marley, UWA: Be Healthy: Implementing culturally secure programs for obesity and chronic disease prevention with remote Aboriginal communities and familie
Targeted Call for Research
- A/Prof Glenn Arendts, UWA: A randomised trial of a Carer End of Life Planning Intervention (CELPI) in people dying with dementia